That's right, you heard me. I am one old big sap of universe loving, crystal-down-the-bra wearing girl who believes in the power of manifestation. Firstly I have to tell you that I 100% believe that I'm a lucky bugger. Things always just seem to land the right side up for me. Like the time I moved to Mexico to renovate and open a hotel without even seeing the property or like the time I moved to Ireland and 1 year on I was in a brand new career and earning a lot. I truly just believe that things work out. It's great. I love knowing no matter what I do the universe is always going to make it work out for the best and believing that is a huge part of manifestation!
I'm a strong believer in asking the universe for what you want. I don't believe in God but I believe in the universe and alignment and all of those "woo woo" things. Do you believe too? Do you have a morning ritual or does yours run weekly. Maybe you pull a tarot card? I do that weekly as a way to focus my attention to a specific goal. I find it really helps me to have a little physical reminder of my goals and wishes.
Until recently I've always believed that manifestation meant that you had to live the feeling 100% of the time, which let's be honest, is not real. It's not real believing I'm a millionaire and saying positive affirmations when my body is subconsciously saying 'um, hello tiger, no you're not. In fact you're not sure you'll be able to pay your rent this month'. That was until I came across a website called www.luckybitch.com. Ok, I'm not a fan of profanity but stay with me. I watched Denise's videos and I have to say it made 100% sense to me. So I'm going to spend the next 6 months working on her manifestation technique so that I can give you a first hand look at the way it works for me.
Her sequence of manifestation is really really simple and I feel that I've come across a method that resonates with me. I've tweaked it up a little bit to work best for me but I'd highly recommend you watching her videos to get a good basis. I'm going to walk you through the steps below using one of my goals and if you want a cheat sheet here's one you can download. I had downloaded hers but found it lacked what I needed to have my goals in paper in front of me so I created my own.
step 1: SET YOUR GOAL (and be really really specific)
This is the most important. Setting your goal, and the way you set it, is vital. My goal is to lose weight. But I can't be that loose with my goal. To make manifestation work I have to be way more specific and focused than that. Denise says to use the following: WHY, WHAT, WHEN and WHAT'S THE COST.
- My goal is now: I want to lose 10 kilos by September 2017, a total of 5 months, so that's 2 kilos each month. ( I could actually go one step further and say: I want to lose 10kilos by September 2017 because when I'm on a beach in Bali I want to feel so sexy and not embarrassed of my body next to all the surfer girls. That's a total of 5months with 2kilos a month)
step 2: WHAT NEGATIVE FEARS/BLOCKS IS IN MY HEAD?
No one is completely fearless and just because we are trying to think positive doesn't mean our subconscious isn't getting in the way. Acknowledging your fears is a really great way to unblock yourself from manifesting. That way, you can acknowledge what could hold you back and move on.
- I'm pretty annoyed that to lose weight I'm actually going to have to give up eating chocolate (and I'm not talking the 72%+ good for you stuff), bread, all the sweet treats and more. I'm pretty bummed that summers coming up and I'm going to give up alcohol (I know when I drink I crave sweet stuff!)
step 3: POSITIVE ANCHORS
This is basically setting your day up with reminders all the time to help you remember your manifestation. Which, will make your life easier. Mood boards are anchors, a list on the bathroom door is an anchor, setting an alarm to go off every 3 hours on your phone with a message about your manifesting goal is an anchor.
- I've put an image of me when I was WAY skinnier as the home lock on my phone with writing that says 'let's get that 10kilos babe, you can do it'. I've done that because my phone is the one thing in my day that I constantly look at, by setting my home lock as this, every time I see my phone I get a positive anchor and a reminder of my manifesting goal.
step 4: INSPIRED ACTION
What action can you take now so that the universe sees you're serious and prepared to work towards your goal.
- Writing this post and offering up public accountability of me losing 10 kilos is pretty big deal. I'll also be doing a weekly blog post about my weekly diet, foods I'm skipping out on, my new exercise regime and more.
step 5: RECEIVING
You have to believe that you're allowed to receive the things you want. This links back to step #2 and getting rid of the mental blocks we're putting up to not believing we're worth receiving what the universe has to offer us. The most simple way to do this is by being grateful. See a penny in the street? Pick it up - it's the universes way of sending you money and once you accept it, say thank you and move on feeling grateful the universe automatically sees someone that is willing to receive and to be grateful for it. It will only send you more and more.
- I'm going to start accepting compliments about myself. When someone says "you look great Jette' rather than my usual 'oh no I don't, you need your eyes testing' I'm going to quite simply say 'thank you, I'll receive that'.
Has this helped you? Are you ready to take the next step and have a go yourself? Don't be too hard, just go for it, believe you're worthy and ask for what you want.